Friday, October 22, 2010

Staying at Home

I knew something was going to happen next week. Paula and Daniel has made plans, organized clothes and other things and fetched travel bags from the smaller house where we store them. The plan was to travel to the Shiba Inu specialty dog show in Washington State in the USA on the 28th and 29th of October. However, these plans turned out to be flawed. Daniel could not get away from his work and Paula would not go alone.

I guess there are only some who are happy with this. Paula and Daniel had been looking forward to this journey all autumn, if not all year. They are distraught, and I can understand them. Their friends in America are also disappointed, and Mum is disappointed that Paula and Daniel cannot send her greetings to her American breeder in person.

I am rather selfishly happy, though, and so are my fellow dogs of the family who would not have come along on the journey. Not only would it have been yet another dog show that I would not have been invited to, but Daniel and Paula would have been away for many days. This does not mean I do not comfort them. Quite the contrary, I really know the sorrow and disappointment that you can feel, when you must not go to a dog show that you have prepared yourself for. Dogs should always comfort their humans, if said humans are distressed, it is one of our purposes in life and we are, by nature, good at it. All of us dogs have comforted Paula and Daniel. We feel sorry for them.

No comments: