Monday, October 18, 2010

The Pond

Hello, Karstuhl here!

Mommy did not write anything in her blog yesterday, and did not feel like writing anything today either. She says she does not have a writer's cramp, but just wishes to take a little time off. Well, this gives me the opportunity to write something instead.

I have sometimes wondered about the little pond outside of our house. It just lies there, outside of the dog yard and next to the path we use to go down to the road. What is the use of a pond? There are no fish living there, so it cannot be used for fishing. I then realized that it is big enough and sometimes deep enough for the gnomes to swim in. I suppose the pond is really a gnome swimming pool. This would be a useful purpose for a pond like this.

Mommy does not believe in the gnomes, so she did not think my theory was plausible. I do not care, it is actually much more fun if Mommy dismisses my ideas, then I can drive her a little bit mad when I keep persisting that this might be true. None of the other dogs have any theory on the pond that is more plausible, at least to my mind. Sure, I have never seen any gnomes swim in the pond, but what other use would there be for the pond? There is none, as far as I know. Thus, my theory is at least as good as anybody else's.

No comments: