Saturday, September 18, 2010

Election Tomorrow

There is a general election every four years in Sweden, determinging which humans will rule human society. Tomorrow, it is time again, for the second time in my life. Only humans who are eighteen years or older are allowed to vote. Dogs are not, not even the odd dog who would live to be eighteen. Humans do not trust us to make informed choices. Perhaps this is true.

If I would be allowed to vote, I would want to vote for the party who offer the best terms for dogs and dog breeders. Daniel says, however, that there is no party which makes terms for dogs a main issue in the election or in their policies at large. I know Daniel and Paula would work for dogs if they were elected, but when they try to teach me about the election, policies of different politicians, and the trade-offs which they say are often needed to get political result, it all seem to be so complicated. It might give me more satisfaction not to vote. Nevertheless, I hope my human readers who can vote for Paula and Daniel will. They would be happy, which would make me happier.

No comments: