Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Grooming

We have a huge show on Sunday in Stockholm called "HUND2007" or Dog 2007 in English. This year the show is also the Nordic Winner Dog Show which means that every BOB and BOS gets the official title "NORDV-07". Well. Here in our house we have several dogs entered. This means that some lucky Shibas will have to go into the bathtub tomorrow. We will all be bathed and groomed to perfection. It takes a long time for each of us, standing still on the grooming table, waiting for Paula to get us dried and groomed. I do not mind the grooming part. I love to feel pretty and be in the centre of attention. Paula is also so nice that she gives us a lot of treats every now and then so we can feel even more pretty and not so bored.

Me and my gals at home thought that even our "mama" Paula needed a grooming session. We want to have a sparkling handler so we can be a perfect match. Today we sent Paula to town and her favourite hair dresser. It took 3 hours, some boring time waiting for her to come home (which I by the way used to bark at the neighbour horses) and some chewing bones until she found her way home. The result is splendid, if I may say so. Paula was satisfied and this was the main purpose. She also told us that she too got some snack while beeing groomed (haircut and colouring). I'm not jelous because I know that tomorrow, I will get some nice treatment too.

I guess that on Sunday it will be one sparkling handler and some sparkling Shibas from our household. It seems appropriate to say that: "In our case, It is polite to stare".

No comments: