Friday, December 14, 2007

About Formula 1

Fernando Alonso went from McLaren to Renault a few days ago. This made us wonder where Renault driver Heikki Kovalainen would go, and who would take Alonso's seat in McLaren. Today it turns out that Kovalainen goes to McLaren. This means that there are two drivers from Finland in the two strongest teams, Kovalainen in McLaren and of course Kimi Räikkönen in Ferrari. I guess we must not wait very long for another Finnish world championship.

Where are all the Swedish drivers? How can it be that Finland, with little more than half the population of Sweden, have so many more great formula car drivers? Sweden has not had any since the 80's and has not had any good one since Ronnie Peterson in the 70's. Why can't there be at least one, when Finland have two? While I wait for a Swedish driver, I guess I have to hope for success for the Finnish and Japanese drivers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hailey!

I just decided to tell that I certainly enjoy reading the Daily Hailey! I will keep following your posts, so keep going, you're doing great work :)

And what comes about F1, must say that here in Finland we really are very pleased with our drivers! Kimi's world championship was quite amazing and Heikki proved his talents also. Hopely we will see some Swedish F1-drivers in future too!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Greetings,
shiba Iitu from Finland
(www.shibanen.net)

Daily Hailey said...

Hi, nice to read you like my blog. Maybe we will meet in a Shiba Inu ring on a dog show sometime?

Anonymous said...

Yep, maybe! :)