Friday, September 18, 2015

Rugby World Cup

Hello, Orange here!

The Rugby World Cup 2015 has started. This is the third biggest sport event in the world, after the Football World Cup and the Summer Olympic Games.

The opening game was played by host England and Fiji. England won 35-11. Javier rooted for England, because he has a brother who lives there.

For us Shibas, the first really exciting game comes tomorrow, when Japan plays South Africa. Most of us will root for Japan, of course, but I am a bit torn. Our kennel prefix Aangenaam is a word from South Africa. What is even more important for me, however, is that there is a river and a province in South Africa which are both called Oranje, just like my name. Would this not be a sign for me that I ought to root for South Africa, even when they play against Japan? I will have to poder upon this question until the game starts tomorrow.

No comments: