Friday, September 11, 2015

Canary Islands

There is a place I would like to visit, unlikely as it may seem, as it is mainly associated with holiday trips to get sun and liquor. It is the Canary Islands, the Spanish group of islands off the North West coast of Africa. The name of these islands actually means dog islands, which is why I believe dogs would be welcome there.

La Palma on the Canary Islands is also perhaps the best place in the world to see stars, due to its geography which makes for exceptionally clear skies. I am not very interested to see the stars, but I have always been fascinates by the Moon, as I am named for it. The Moon must also be very clear through the clear air of La Palma. Perhaps I will go there sometime.

I have never heard about dog shows on Canary Islands, though. Going someplace far away from home without attending a dog show at some point seems a little wasteful. I would have to check whether there are any official dog shows there, before planning my journey.

No comments: