Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Sense of Victory

I became best bitch among the Shiba Inus at the dog show today. April came in third among the bitches. A male became best of breed. The important thing was that I got a certificate and a CACIB, my first. These are the first steps towards becoming a dog show champion.

Mum is a champion. Dad aims to become one this year, he does not need much to become one. My brother Jiro already have enough certificates that he need only one more after he turns two years old. I wonder if I can beat Dad and Jiro to it.

The successful day ended in a bit of sadness. Paula picked out two fine trophy cups for me and April and put them in a bag. This bag was stolen when she focused on other things for a little while. Fortunately, there were only the trophies and our copies of the judge's critique from the show. The trophies do not have such a high economic value and we can get copies of the critique from the Kennel Club that organized the show. We still got our badges showing what we won, and the results will be registered with the Swedish Kennel Club. Nevertheless, it is not fun to lose the trophies. I only hope the thief was very disappointed at what he found in the bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usch vad trist att ni blev bestulna. Tur att det inte var något av större värde men det är ändå tråkigt... :|

Daily Hailey said...

Ja, men vi försöker se det positiva och glädja oss åt tävlingsresultaten. Dem kan ingen ta ifrån oss!