Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Trekking in the Deep Forests

I went along to Daniel's work today. It started out as a normal day at the office, Daniel at the desk and I on the floor. In the afternoon, though, we went by car out on the countryside, to the forested hills to the northwest of Örebro. There were about twenty people from the office and two dogs, myself and Grus.



Grus is the Welsh Springer Spaniel who works at Daniel's office much more often than I do, whose homepage I have a link to. It was nice to get to know him better, though it took me some time to get him to play with me.



We walked for about 5 kilometres on everything from narrow, rocky paths to wide gravel roads. There were many nice sights here and there. For most parts of our trek, we followed a brook. Grus wanted to get down in the water several times. As the more sophisticated Shiba Inu that I am, I carefully avoided both the brook and the mud that sometimes lay in the middle of the way.

After little more than half the way, we took a break were there was a nice view over a pond. The humans ate sandwiches and I had some dog food and salami treats.

It was a nice walk, but when we got back to the cars I eagerly jumped in to our car and laid down to rest for the ride back to Örebro.

No comments: