Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Another Painting Under Mona Lisa?

One of the most known art works in the world, Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, may have another painting under it. The great artist may have used an old painting and re-painted it with Mona Lisa.

Some people are sceptical about the findings. For my part, I am mostly disappointed that the picture of the alleged overpainted portrait looks much the same as Mona Lisa. It would have been a greater story, had the hidden painting shown something altogether different. What if Leonardo da Vinci would have hidden the painting of a dog? This would have been more exciting.

More research needs to be done. The museum where the painting is, the Louvre on Paris, has not yet made any comments. I guess they want to know more before saying anything. I think this is the right strategy for them. Meanwhile, as an amateur, I can speculate if I want to. I think the over painted painting is that of the same person as the famous Mona Lisa. In time, we will get to know.

No comments: