Sunday, September 04, 2011

Typhoon

As if it was not enough with the earth quake and tsunami in March, Japan has now been hit by a typhoon. The typhoon called Talas struck the western parts of Japan, first striking the island of Shikoku. There are reports on 19 humans being killed and about 50 missed.

As always, I have not found any reports on how many dogs have been killed or gone missing. I believe this is a grave mistake made by news agencies all around the world. Being a dog myself I am more concerned about my fellow dogs than humans, so I have some understanding of this way of making reports. Nevertheless, dogs are such a vital part of human society that I believe the reports should be about dogs too. I do hope there were not too many dogs killed or missing, and that no dogs where deprived of all of their humans.

No comments: