Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dad Got Happy

Yesterday, I wrote about the surprise victories of Team Denmark in the IIHF ice hockey world championship. However, Denmark's surprise wins against Finland and the USA was matched today by Team Norway's victory over ice hockey giant Czech Republic. It was thus time for Dad, who was born in Norway and always hopes for Norwegian victories in any sport, to be really happy. He celebrated with a piece of fresh minced meat. It looks like this will be a world championship to remember, with these surprise victories. I really hope both Denmark and Norway can live up to the new expectations and have shots at the medals. Most of all, I hope the Norwegian team will be very successful, since my Dad and paternal grandmother is from Norway. I will follow the tournament closely.

No comments: