Thursday, November 05, 2009

Being Outdoors

I love being outdoors in our yard. We have a fenced in yard where Paula and Daniel often entrust us dogs to be by ourselves. The problem is, they want to decide when I will get indoors again. I want to decide that for myself.

Sometimes, I stay outdoors when they open up the door to let us in. Later, I sometimes have to bark numerous times for either of them to open the door to let me in. I realize that this makes them annoyed sometimes. They are mostly annoyed by my barks, but also by my decisions to stay outdoors sometimes, certainly because they know I will then bark when I do want to get indoors. Still, I must be allowed to decide upon these things myself.

Both Daniel and Paula often admit that one of the reasons that they like us Shiba Inus is our free spirit. We do have a strong will and a sense of pride. A Shiba Inu is nobody's serf. We do what we want to do, and when we want to, we do everything good. I just wish I could walk in and out without help, like I can on the warm summer days when Paula and Daniel keeps our front door open. It is not my intention, nor my wish, to make Paula and Daniel annoyed. Nevertheless, since it is impossible for me to walk in and out unaided during the cold months of the year, I guess I just have to annoy Paula and Daniel when barking to get indoors.

No comments: