Tuesday, October 06, 2009

In Germany

We have arrived in Dresden, Germany, where we will stay for a night on our trip down to Bratislava. So far, this is the southernmost place I have ever been, but we will go further south tomorrow. It is me, Mum, Kuro chan, Paula, and Paula's father Nils Olov. We have had a nice, but long, trip today.

The Germans speak a language I do not understand at all. I had expected that, but never experienced it before. I have been to the Swedish speaking parts of Finland before, where I naturally understand the language, and to Norway, where they speak Norwegian, a language closely related to Swedish and which is the mother tounge of my Dad. I also know English, my Mum's native language. German, on the other hand, is a completely different matter. Rumour has it, Slovakian is even more different from Swedish. It will be interesting to hear that.

No comments: