Sunday, October 04, 2009

Downgraded

Sumo, a Maltese Terrier who used to live with former French President Jacques Chirac in the Elysee Palace, has found life after retirement from his position as First Dog depressing. He had to move to an apartment much smaller than the palace, and had to leave the gardens of the presidential palace where he used to roam.. According to Mrs. Chirac, Sumo has suffered from depression and has turned aggressive. After biting his human Jacques for the third time, he has now moved to a new home on the French country side.

I can quite understand Sumo. We used to live in an apartment with no garden to roam about in. I would not want to leave our garden now for an apartment, and our garden must still be much smaller than that of the French Elysee Palace. Well, I certainly would not turn against my humans, but perhaps I would be depressed, would anything like that happen. A dog used to roam freely wants to continue to do so. I wish Sumo all the best in his new home.

No comments: