Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sweden Skates on to the Semi Final

In the Ice Hockey World Championship, Sweden beat the Czeck Republic in overtime in the quarter final game and goes on to the semi finals. In the next game, Sweden meets the winner in the quarter final between Canada and Norway. Canada is the probable winner, but I hope with my Norwegian Dad for a Norwegian victory. In the other quarter finals, Russia plays Switzerland and the USA plays Finland. I hope for a Swiss victory, because the Swiss are the underdogs, and I hope for an American victory because my Mum is from the USA. My dream result would be for Sweden to win the gold in a final game against the USA, and for Norway to win the bronze game. This is far from a probable result, but part of the thrill and joy of sport is that anything is possible, so you can always hope for a dream result.

No comments: