Sunday, May 04, 2008

C

If April or I compete at dog shows, there will be a special sign by our names in the show catalogue in the form of the letter C. A dog with this special sign needs to win just one more CC in order to become Swedish Show Champion. Both April and I took many CC's before our second birthdays, the last CC must be won after that birthday.

I believe I stand the greater chance of becoming a champion first. I have won more CC's than April and I will compete in a dog show as soon as next weekend. However, you never know. There may be tough competitors for the CC and the judge may have a different view on what constitutes a great Shiba Inu than you have yourself. There is also the risk that you do not feel like showing on the day of the show, which makes the performance tougher. An experienced show dog like me knows what to do on a dog show even when I am not really in the mood, but it may affect my performance anyway. Furthermore, my experience from dog shows is long enough that I want to say that you can never predict the outcome in advance. On the other hand, what would be the point in dog shows if you knew the outcome in advance? It would not be fun at all.

We will have to see what happens this summer. I suppose and hope that, by the end of this year, both April and I are Swedish Show Champions. When either of us will reach this goal is a different matter. I believe we both have the quality it takes to reach the goal, but so do other bitches. As the good friend of April that I am, I will be just as glad when she becomes a Champion as when I become one.

No comments: