Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Teeth

Polly have lost a tooth. This is the first step on her road towards getting the teeth she will have for the adult part of her life. To me, she will always be my pup, but she will still grow up and become a lady. I am proud of Polly as she grows and becomes more sure of herself, but part of me will always miss the little, little, cute pup that she once was. Mum tells me she has had the same feelings about me. I guess this is something that all of us parents have to experience. It is as the saying: growing old is not bad, if you consider the alternative. Seeing your pups grow old is also not bad, if you consider the much more horrible alternative that they would never be more than small pups.

I wonder if Nemo has also lost a tooth. Perhaps he has. I know he lives happily with his family, and I am not worried for him, but sometimes, I wonder a little about him.

No comments: