Thursday, June 17, 2010

Another Hardship

Polly is writing once again. I tried to persuade Mummy to write a blog entry about the hardships of cutting claws, but Mummy just shook her head, saying it may be hard, but just one of the things you have to endure throughout life. I fear this is true. Regardless of what the truth is, I was enough annoyed this morning that I agreed with Mummy that I would write the blog entry of today as well, reacting to the hardships of having the claws cut. Shiba Inus are always sensitive about our paws. When claws are cut, Paula or Daniel hold the dog whose claws are cut in her or his arms, while using a sharp cutter very close to the paws. It goes without saying that this is uncomfortable. A Shiba Inu wants to be free to roam around, not held and threatened with sharp cutters. I did object to having my claws cut, but to no avail. Mummy says that if I can come up with a way to be able not to have the claws cut, she and every other Shiba Inu in the world would be very grateful, but she had no ideas as to what that might be. Unfortunately, neither have I. This is something to consider in the days to come.

No comments: