Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tudors

Paula is watching the last episode of the second season of the British TV series Tudors. She is sad that it is the last episode, since she enjoys the show very much. I have not followed every episode, but from what I can tell, it is well written, directed, and produced. I guess it would be a TV series in my taste, had I seen it all.

There are rumours that Tudors is not fully historically correct. I cannot be a judge of that, 16th century England is not my foremost interest. However, it is a TV show primarily made for entertainment, not a documentary. You have to be able to take some liberties with history in order to make entertainment. I believe that a series like this may spark an interest in history and make people read about what really happened. Thus, it is to the benefit of historical awareness in its own way.

2 comments:

Kuro said...

I know Sandra has been interested in watching "Tudors" but she always misses it. But is it really worth watching?

I heard that Paula might come to visit us later this month. Do you think you will come too?

Daily Hailey said...

I will not come to visit you until my pups have moved to their new homes, but I am not sure about the schedule for Paulas visit.