Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Paula Has Got a Blog

Paula has started a new blog. It is interesting to read, for those of us who know Swedish.

I have a feeling that I get to know even a dear friend like Paula in a different and more complete way when reading her blog, than I can do when simply spending all the time I do with her, eagerly listening to everything she has to say. I know I write some things in my blog that I do not tell anyone in any other way, regardless of how much time I spend talking to them. The blog gives you time to ponder over a certain subject. An oral conversation, on the other hand, can take the most interesting detours, but the detours may be the cause that you forget to say some things or decide not to tell them because they do not fit into the conversation anymore. Sometimes, you never get the right opportunity to talk about some things, but then you can put your thoughts in your blog instead.

In the best of worlds, your friends and family will read your blog and pick up the subject you have written about and start a conversation about it with you. I will try to do this for Paula.

By the way, I met my friend Amadeus, the Bernese Mountain Dog, tonight. It has been a while since we met last time. Amadeus is really big nowadays. When I first met him, he was smaller than I was. I have grown, but he has grown much more. Ever so friendly, he lied down on the ground to be able to come nose to nose to little me. It is amazing what differences in size there are between different dog breeds.

No comments: