Monday, June 05, 2006

Whit-Monday

The last few weekends have shown that I am a dog show star. Then, yesterday, it was a Sunday when we were not on any dog show. It was relaxing, but at the same time a bit disturbing. Nothing special happened, so I did not know what to write in my blog. I have decided to have a daily blog, but if I cannot think of anything to write in it, it must be a waste of my readers' time to write some gibberish for them to read, just for the sake of writing in the blog.

Well, there is another explanation for the lack of a blog entry yesterday, as well. I just did not find the time to read the news and comment on that or anything. We slept until late in the day, took long walks, watched a movie (Must Love Dogs, starring Diane Lane and John Cusack, and some dogs - I can recommend it), and then the day was pretty much gone. I have come to realize that, sometimes, you have the most trouble getting things done when you have the most time available.

This Monday has been more like an ordinary day. Daniel has been to work, even though he says he does not like it. Up until recently, this would have been a holiday in Sweden as the Whit-Monday. Now the 6th of June is a holiday instead, as a National Day of Sweden. This is like trying to force Swedes into being more patriotic, which is the wrong way to go.

Sweden has a national anthem, even though this song has never been officially recognosed as such by Act of Parliament. This is an example of true patriotism, a national anthem that just is there, in the hearts of the people and dogs of Sweden.

Daniel does not dislike his work, on the contrary, but he rather work on the National day, thus supporting the GNP of Sweden, than on a day which is a holiday by long tradition. As for me, I have my duties as a pet any day, even the days I rest from the dog shows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»