Friday, June 23, 2006

Midsummer

Paula wanted to take a nap, and wanted all the dogs to do the same. She likes us, that is why she wants us to be close. I was too restless, however, so I got to leave the bedroom. This gave me an opportunity to write in the blog instead. I do not like sleeping as much as the other Shibas.

The summer solstice was two days ago, but in Sweden, we celebrate Midsummer Day on the first Saturday after the summer solstice. I agree with Daniel, who thinks this is ridiculous. In the artificially lit society of our time, most people do not care what night is actually the shortest, but Daniel does. What is the purpose of celebrating Midsummer a couple of days too late? The magic that people of old times associated with Midsummer night must already have passed now, because the magic cannot care about a decision by the Swedish parliament to move the holiday. Oh well, I am a Shiba, I do not need a special night to experience magic, since I am magic myself.

No comments: