Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Chocolate

Paula and Daniel had some chocolate this evening. They did not give any chocolate to me or the other dogs. They claim chocolate is unhealthy, even toxic, for dogs. This is strange, considering that there is this thing called dog chocolate. Why is there dog chocolate, if chocolate is toxic for dogs? Is dog chocolate a way of intoxicating dogs? May the truth really be that chocolate is not unhealthy, but only the cheapest chocolate is called dog chocolate, because humans want all the other chocolate for themselves? Another theory was put forth by Mum, she claims the toxic ingrediens in chocolate is removed from dog chocolate. This seems plausible, maybe too plausible. If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is that things are usually complicated. Mum's theory seems to be too simple. Shall I believe in it? Maybe I can satisfy myself with the thought that life is, sometimes, rather uncomplicated.

No comments: