Friday, October 21, 2016

The US Grand Prix

In my Mom's home country, the United States of America, most focus is on the Presidential election. The election is early in November, the new president will be sworn in next January, and it is still uncertain who is closest to winning the election.

This weekend, the US Grand Prix in Formula 1 will be decided. I like a Grand Prix better than an election. It is entertainment from start to finish. The winner gets on the podium just minutes after the finish, not two months later, like the newly elected US President. Still, I know most Americans are not very interested in Formula 1. I believe they should be. What if the incumbent US President would present the trophy to the Grad Prix winner? This might boost the interest.

Daniel and I will watch the Grand Prix. We are not sure we will stay up during the election night.

No comments: