Friday, September 23, 2016

Iceland or Iceland?

When I hear of Iceland, I think of the island country in the North Atlantic. Brits may think of a food retain chain instead. The country Iceland is now considering a law suit against the food chain Iceland, to prevent the food chain from trying to stop companies from the country Iceland from using the name Iceland.

I believe the country should win such a law suit. If I were to become Icelandic Show Champion, I would like this to be a title from the national kennel club of Iceland, the country, not some kind of title from a food chain.

The country has held the name since it became independent from Denmark in 1918, its island has held the name for centuries before that. The food chain started its business in the 1970's. For me, it is self evident the country, its citizens and corporations, has better right to the name than the food chain.

No comments: