Saturday, September 17, 2016

Hoping For the USA v. Team Europe

The IIHF World Cup in iche hockey starts today. Team USA plays team Europe in the first game.

I am European, but I do not root for Team Europe, but for Team USA. Team Europe is a special team,  having players from all of the European ice hockey countries that do not have their own national team in the World Cup. Sweden, being an ice hockey great power, has her own team. So do Czechia, Finland, and Russia.

I can root for the USA, since I am half American thanks to Mum. Team Europe does have a few players from Dad's home country Norway, but also players from Denmark, Slovakia and other countries. I would not be sad od Team Europe would win, considering its Norwegian players, but I prefer Team USA in this context.

It will be an interesting tournament.

No comments: