Saturday, October 24, 2015

Orange Wine

Hello, Orange here!

Wine comes in different colours. Most are red or white. Then there are the rosé wines, which are pink. A few wines are called grey - or gris in French, where they are made - though they are basically white wines.

What I did not know, however, is that there are also orange wines. These are made by a very old process from Georgia in Caucasia, and the process have recently started to spread around the world. The orange wines are made from the green grapes that you would normally use to make white wine, but the grapes are not peeled and the wine is made in much the same way as red wine.

I do not normally drink wine. If I could taste some orange wine, however, I think I would. It feels like it would suit me to have a taste of a form of wine of the colour that is also my name. If the smell would not invite me to taste, however, it would at least be interesting to see the wine and its orange colour. Anything orange looks nice, you know.

No comments: