Wednesday, April 08, 2015

A Real Polly

Hello, Karstuhl here!

In the Swedish qualification round for this year's Eurovision Song Contest, my favourite was the band Dolly Style. One of the three members had the stage name Polly, which fancied me, since I am called Polly myself. It has now come to my knowledge that the first Polly has left the group, to be replaced by another member. The new member will adopt the same stage name, Polly.

This is silly. If you want to have a stage name, this is fine by me, but I believe there should only be one Polly in each context. If the original members where called Molly, Holly, and Polly, the new member could easily have adopted a similar, but slightly different name. Now, it is just a folly.

Well, at least I am a real Polly. This is what I have been called since I lived in the litter box.

No comments: