Saturday, March 09, 2013

Swedish Song Contest

Today is the final game of the Swedish qualification round to the Eurovision Song Contest later this year.

If I must name a favourite, it would be Yohio, because he knows Japanese. This is, of course, the language of the home country of my dog breed.

On the other hand, I do not think any song is very good. If there would ever be a song about a dog or about the love for a dog, or anything like that, which I could relate to, I believe I would vote for it. Not now. While there are countless human songs about love, most are just about the love between man and woman, even though dogs have lived with, loved, and been loved by, humans for at least 40 000 years. Is there no songwriter who can turn all of this love into a winning song?

No comments: