Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter

We have had temperatures above the freezing point for a couple of days, even though it is January. Today, nature's order was restored and we had temperatures at a couple of degrees below freezing. I usually love the snow that comes with a cold winter like the one we have this season, but the top of the snow layers on the ground has now become hard, slippery layers of ice. It is not much to play in anymore. The warmer temperatures brought smells of spring to my nose, and I believe I long for springtime now. I guess we have to wait for at least a month or two before we get there, though.

I sometimes write about issues of politics in this blog. It is not that I imagine that a little dog like me can make much difference, regardless of all the wisdom that I share in my blog, but there might be the occasional seed for further thoughts planted in some reader sometimes. When I write about the weather, I know there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Still, I feel like complaining about it anyway. There are so many humans complaining about the weather here and there, everywhere, so why can't I?

No comments: