Friday, December 17, 2010

One Week to Go

Hi, Karstuhl here!

It is one week to Christmas Eve. I have never experienced Christmas, but I have been told it involves a lot of good food and often new toys. This sounds promising.

Grandmom told me, however, that it is actually more than a week until Christmas. She said that where she grew up, in America, the most important day of Christmas is Christmas Day, the day after Christmas Eve. Christmas is celebrated because of the birth of Jesus Christ, and his birthday is on Christmas Day, Grandmom said. She added that she has never understood why Swedes celebrate one day in advance.

Mommy, on the other hand, said that she believes we celebrate one day in advance in Sweden, because Santa Claus cannot come to all the places of the world in the same day. He goes to Sweden one day before he goes to America. This sounds reasonable, I guess I believe it too.

No comments: