Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rain

I got to come along to the dog show today. Since I am blowing my coat, there was no use in showing me for the American judge. I did get to meet a very nice human called Sandra, though, who may offer a home for one of my future pups. We got along quite well, so I am sure she will take good care of a young Shiba Inu.

It was probably just as well that I was not shown. The Shiba Inus were shown late in the show ring, and while there was a little rain now and then before noon, it was as if the gates of the heavenly reservoir had open up completely once the Shiba Inus were up for our competition. April was shown, and she did not like it at all. Sure, the horrible weather was equal for everyone, but some dogs can take it better than others and April has never been fond of rain. She did not do very well.

Luckily, Paula and Daniel decided not to stay until the finals. Last Saturday in Askersund, they did despite heavy downpour, but that was because April was Best of Breed and thus got to compete in the Group final. We were not obliged to stay for any final today. We often stay anyway out of sheer interest, but in this weather, none of us wanted to.

It was nice to get in to the dry car for the ride home and even better when we got home. Normally, I love going to dog shows, but this was maybe a dog show I could have done without.

No comments: