Friday, October 12, 2007

Ups and Downs

Yesterday, we could read about the factual faults in Al Gore's film An Inconvenient Truth (I mentioned it in this blog). Today, it was announced that he will get the Nobel Peace Prize. How ironic. I just wonder what his movie has got to do with peace?

Paula and Daniel bought some pork tails today. While Paula was away for a while and Daniel watched TV, Dad pulled the bag with the tails down to the floor from the shelf where it lay. Unfortunately for him, Daniel heard him and took the tails away. Later this evening, we got a tail each to eat. Dad's disappointment was turned into joy. I wonder if he would have eaten more than one tail, had Daniel not heard him. I guess so, I would have. On the other hand, the rest of us may have wanted to share, which could have turned into a fight. Daniel's swift action took away the incentive to fight. That is a peace keeping action, Al Gore's movie is not.

No comments: