Thursday, October 11, 2007

Climate Changes?

There is a famous film by former US vice president Al Gore, An Inconvenient Truth, about the Earth's climate and that humans destroys the world by living in a way that makes the climate warmer. A High Court Justice in England has now ruled that this film may not be shown in schools without guidance giving the other side of the argument on nine disputed points. I think this is a good thing. I do not want to think humans, among those my own humans, are responsible for changes in the climate that among other things, would make polar bears drown. Furthermore, I like car rides. You often have to go far by car to get to dog show, and I like to go to dog shows. I would not want us to be forced to go less than we want to by car because of the changing climate.

I will not hold myself out to be an expert on natural science and the climate. Maybe Mr. Gore is right in most of the things he says in the film. However, as Daniel said, Mr. Gore is not a natural scientist himself, but a politician and as such interested in promoting one view rather than pointing at scientific doubts. Thus, I think it is fair that the film must not be shown in schools without giving the other side of the story.

Regardless of what may be the truth in the debate on climate change, nobody blames anything on us dogs. This is good.

No comments: