Saturday, February 17, 2007

Worshipping an American

There is a little island in the Pacific Ocean where they worship an American called John Frum. It is unclear who was the real John Frum, but if he was a single person, it is interesting that he is now worshipped as a god and that my Mum's home country of America is worshipped as the country where he and most good things come from. You can read more about this cult at BBC's homepage. I also know of a mythical American. Mum and April know her well, so do Paula and Daniel. It is Mrs. Laura Perkinson, owner of Taichung Shiba kennel and breeder of Mum and April. I would like to meet this American some time, of whom I have heard so much good. I honestly believe I have a greater chance of meeting Laura Perkinson than the worshippers of John Frum has of meeting their god. Future holds the answer.

No comments: