Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tails

This is my 401st blog post. I can hardly fathom how much I have written in my blog - and it is still fun to write more.

One of the great advantages of being a Shiba Inu, compared to other dog breeds, is our curled tail. We carry it across our backs. We never hit anybody or anything while wagging it. We also do not risk getting our tails caught in doors closing behind us. My Pharaoh Hound friend Primus had the bad luck of making a sudden stop on the front step just outside the front door, when the door was closing behind him. The tip of his long tail was caught between the door and doorframe. He has bled some. I am sorry for him, but not much, since he is over all rather happy anyway and is in no pain. It does not seem like a permanent damage upon his tail.

The main fault was, of course, not him stopping, nor the door being shut, but that he did not have a curled tail that would have been safe upon his back. Dogs without curled tails sometimes do not seem to know where they have their tail, not least when wagging it. Shiba Inus are fortunate enough not to have this problem.

No comments: