Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cozy By the Fire

It is cold outside this week. I played a lot in the snow yesterday, but when I got in, I realized my paws were cold from the snow. They were so cold it would not be comfortable to write a blog entry. I went in to the living room and laid down close to the open fire and its warmth instead. This was really cozy, so cozy I laid there longer than I had planned. When I wanted to write in my blog, it was already so late that Paula had turned the computer off.

We have a fire on this evening as well. I have, however, learned from my mistake. I make sure I do not get too cold paws and I tell myself to write in my blog before I go lie by the fire.

Dogs are probably one of very few animals who are not afraid of fire. This is because we know our humans take care of the fires. According to some old tales, it was in part the warmth and comfort of fire that drove our wolf ancestors to seek the company of humans. Be that as it may, it is nice to have someone making a warm fire for you.

I wish life would always be as fun as it is when playing in the snow, and always as comfortable as when lying by the fire.

No comments: