Saturday, September 05, 2009

Upcoming Birthday

Paulas mother Gertrud will soon celebrate her birthday. This year, there is something special about it, so Paula and Daniel went to Paula's parents to help them prepare for festivities. I do not think it is such a special birthday. If you consider that one dog year equals seven human years, the biggest human celebrations would be when they turn into a year which can be evenly divided by seven. Thus, when a human turns 7, 14, 21, 28 or the like, she can compare it to a dog turning 1, 2, 3 or 4. Such birthdays give me, as a dog, a better frame of reference. Turning another decade is nothing special compared to this, if I may say so. I will gladly celebrate Gertrud, she really deserves being celebrated and any reason for a party is a good reason. However, I see more reason to celebrate another year, when she turns into something evenly dividable by seven.

No comments: