Friday, January 02, 2009

My Darlings

There is a lot of work being a mother to newborn pups. While they do sleep a lot, you never know when they will wake up and want to get fed. As a mammal, I am there to feed them, of course. I also help them to get waste out in the other end. This is no big deal, the only thing that goes in is very nutritious milk, so there is not much waste going out. The waste there is, is nothing to worry about. I take short walks for my own needs, but once I am done, I am able to get right back to my little darling pups. None of the work I do feels hard, since they are so adorable.

The pups have grown considerably since I gave birth to them. Paula and Daniel have helped me to measure their weight, and we can see that they gain weight at a steady and healthy pace. I feel nervous about the pups at the weighing, because they whine when they are lifted and put on the scale. This is my maternal instinct speaking. I calm down as soon as the pups are back by my side.

Now I have to return to the caretaking. Stay tuned for more news.

No comments: