Sunday, April 02, 2006

April Fool's Day

Yesterday was the first day of April, a day devoted to hoaxes and practical jokes around the world. I made up my own hoax in my blog. It was not true that my blog was mentioned in the news paper. If you were fooled by it, I hope you can have a good laugh about it today. If you were not, I congratulate you. Any which way, I hope you have a nice April.

On to other things. This morning, we had the TV set on after the Australian GP of formula 1. There was an American sit com on a different channel, where a woman met a man. She asked: "Do you have a Beamer?" He answered: "Is there any other?" Daniel smiled at that. After all, he has a BMW, too.

In Australia, our favourite Juan Pablo Montoya (from Paula's country of birth) failed. His car ran into something on the side of the track when he missed a little in a curve. Mum's favorite (being American, she claims it is spelled this way), Scott Speed from the USA, finished eighth. This means he would have scored his first point in the world championship table, if it was not for the fact that he was handed a post-race penalty of 25 seconds for paying insufficient attention to yellow flags during the race. He passed another driver during yellow flag, which you may not do. Nevertheless, Mum claims the penalty was unfair.

No comments: