Friday, February 24, 2006

Colombia

A couple of days ago, I wrote about all of the different countries in the Winter Olympic Games that I may hope will win. There was, however, one country I failed to mention. Paula was born in Colombia. For this reason, as an example, she and Daniel hope Juan Pablo Montoya will win the world championship of Formula 1 this year. I would hope for Colombian medals in the Winter Olympic Games, if it was not for the tiny little detail that there are no Colombians participating in the games. This may also be the reason that I did not think to mention Colombia in the earlier blog entry. It should not, by any means, be held against me in the question of my loyalty to Paula.

The national anthem of a gold medal winner's home country is played at the ceremony when the medals are given to the winners and first and second runners up. Paula likes some anthems more than others. She has thought of buying a Canadian shiba just because she likes the Canadian national anthem so much. However, she thinks the US anthem is the best, therefore, she is glad to have my American born mother, Sunni, and hope for American gold medals together with her.

No comments: