Monday, July 02, 2018

Ancestors or Grandfather?

We all know that the Shiba breed is from Japan. All of our ancestors lived in Japan for countless generations.

My paternal grandfather was from Belgium. This is not strange, it is just like I am from Sweden, Dad was from Norway, and Mum was from the USA.

Even though I am from Sweden, I do have feelings for the home countries of my relatives.

Today, Belgium played Japan in the World Cup. I had mixed feelings about this. As much as I like Japan, I also like Belgium. I pondered for a long time which country to root for, but finallag decided Icould be happy with either country winning.

Eventually, Belgium won. I do think the Belgian team is a little better than the Japanese team and that the victory was fair. I am happy for the memory of my grandfather.

No comments: