Saturday, December 10, 2016

China Pushes Against Free Speech

Having new rules on "inappropriate content", the authorities in China shuts down thousands of live streaming accounts.

This is just another one in a long line of actions of Chinese authorities to curb and cull free speech. It is what happens in a society that is not free. China is a dictatorship, we have to remember this.

Daniel told me that when he purchased a new mobile phone earlier this week, the sales clerk recommended one Sony and one Huawei. Sony is from Japan, of course, while Huawei is from China. Daniel chose the Sony. I am glad he did.

I do not do live streaming. I do, however, do a daily blog where I sometimes bark at infringements of free speech. If I lived in China, or any other of many dictatorships in the world, I would probably not be able to write things like this. Perhaps my blog would be shut down entirely. I do not want that to happen to anyone. Free speech is a must in a free and prosperous society. We all have to make sure free speech is guaranteed to us.

No comments: