Friday, June 12, 2015

Visby in the Late Summer

Late in August, we will go to Visby for a dog show. I like this old city, but above all, I like the fact that there are always two dog shows in a row, Saturday and Sunday. It gives me two chances to go into the showring, two chances to show the world, yet again, that I am a splendid dog of my breed. I think more show venues should be like this, it makes for twice the fun on a single weekend.

Earlier in the summer, Visby will host "Almedalsveckan", the biggest annual event for politicians and political lobbyists in Sweden. I believe many politicians would be better of going to the dog show later in the summer. It could give them insights into the world of dog breeding, where humans and dogs work together for a better future for our joint civilisation with a minimum of government intervention. Some politicians would need to learn about this.

No comments: