Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Marit Björgen Walks Over

The famous Norwegian cross country skier Marit Bjørgen (ø is the Norwegian and Danish version of the letter ö of Swedish and German, it is pronounced in the same way) is pregnant and will therefore skip the next season of competitions. This is good for the Swedish skiers, who will face less competition.

I can understand Marit Bjørgen's decision to walk over the next season. No matter how eagerly you want to compete, your offspring is always more important. I have skipped dog show seasons myself, for having pups. All of my every day readers know that competing at dog shows is almost the best thing I know. This is, of course, next to taking care of my pups. The pups are always the number one priority. This is why I understand why Marit Bjørgen walks over. Her child is her number one priority now, while competing is priority number two.

No comments: