Friday, October 04, 2013

Aunt Linni's Birthday

My dear Auntie Linni is turning twelve years old today. This is a respectable age, not least because she was diagnosed with severe hip problems in her youth. These problems have never stopped her from taking walks with us, doing the occasional Shiba Inu rush in the garden or jumping up into the sofa in the living room. We sometimes wonder whether her hips ever were as bad as they were diagnosed to be. Her joints are a little stiffer these days, but this could just be due to her age.

Auntie Linni is not really my aunt. I just call her this, because she was the adult dog living with us besides my Mom and Dad when I was born. We are not related. We are, however, very good friends. It is easy to become friens with Auntie Linni, because she is such a friendly dog herself. She has always been very helpful raising pups, as well, even though she has never had any herself. I sincerely hope she will live on for many years to come.

Happy birthday, Linni!

No comments: