Thursday, May 02, 2013

Bumble Bee

We had an unwelcomed guest in our house tonight: a bumble bee. I do not like flying insects, especially not when they can sting you. I tried to warn Paula and Daniel, but they just told me to go back to sleep. If you want a watch dog, what good am I, if you do not act when I try to wake you up and warn you for a potential danger. A sting of a bumble bee is definitely no small thing.

In the morning, Daniel saw the bumble bee, as it tried to fly out of the house through a closed window. Insects do not see glass and do not learn from their mistakes when they bounce off the glass time and time again. They are stupid animals. This is, of course, one of the reasons I do not trust them.

Daniel opened the window and let the bumble bee out. So far so good, though I would rather have seen it punished for disturbing our sleep. On the other hand, a stupid animal like a bumble bee would not learn anything from such a punishment, so maybe just letting it out was just the best thing to do. It is not necessary to kill it, if you can let it out easily.

No comments: