Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Gymnasts

Hello, Peanut here!

We have watched some of the Olympic Games on TV these last days. I was amazed to see the gymnasts, how they could fly, turn midair, hold themselves up with just one stretched arm, and so on. I would never have thought humans could move that way.

The truth is, they cannot, my friend Karstuhl explained. She ought to know, she is two years old, thus much more experienced than I am. Karstuhl told me the gymnasts do not actually do all that they seem to do. It is a combination of threads, invisible to the eye and the camera, that they hang from, and other tricks performed by special effects people behind the scenes. It is like illusionists, who really do not perform magic, Karstuhl said.

Hearing this explanation, I understood. It all makes sense.

No comments: