Wednesday, July 04, 2012

4th of July

Hello, Peanut here!

One of the things that Hailey and I have in common, is that our mothers are from America. My mother do not care much about Hailey's mother, and vice versa, but they both believe America is the best country there is. They are celebrating this country today.

I am told it is the American national holiday today, because it was on the 4th of July that America declared its independence. This was generations ago, even more so for dogs than for humans, but it is still remembered. The American national holiday celebration is much bigger than the Swedish of the 6th of June, it is more like Swedish Midsummer Eve celebrations.

The downside in America is the fireworks. We have most of them in Sweden on New Years Night, our summer nights being too bright with light. Many dogs and wildlife are afraid of fireworks. I guess I am not afraid of them. To me, it just seems like an awful waste of money to buy expensive fireworks just to hear some explosions and see some colours in the sky for a few seconds. If you want to enjoy sounds, try a squeeky toy instead.

We will have hamburgers later tonight. It is fitting this day, because it is a national dish of America. I love hamburgers. If the Americans invented the hamburger, this is enough reason for me to celebrate!

No comments: